Paragon Insurance Holdings, LLC. (Paragon) is a Managing General Agency (MGA) and as such does not deal direct with insurance buyers. We deal only through licensed brokers, who are required to follow all privacy, confidentiality, security laws and all laws applicable to or which otherwise affect binders, policies and other documents issued by Paragon as the MGA. As a MGA, Paragon is committed to holding our client's personal information (including the clients of our brokers) in strictest confidence, and we only disclose such information if authorized by you through your broker, if required by law to do so, or if required in conducting business with insurers. Paragon requires that its brokers comply with all relevant legislation, which we also comply.
Paragon is accountable for all personal information in its possession or custody, including any personal information disclosed to third parties for processing or other administrative functions. Paragon has established policies and procedures to comply with this declaration, and has designated a privacy officer to be accountable for compliance. Paragon, through its brokers will identify the purposes for which it collects personal information, before or when the information is collected.
Paragon, through its brokers, will make a reasonable effort to make sure customers understand how their personal information will be used by the brokerage and insurers. Paragon, through its brokers, will obtain consent from its customers before or when it collects or uses the personal information. A customer's consent can be expressed, implied or given through an authorized representative. A customer can withdraw consent at any time but that may impact the ability for Carrier to maintain an active policy or future renewal.
The data collection policy of Paragon and its representatives is to:
- Collect only information that is necessary or relevant to our business.
- Make a reasonable effort to ensure that information that we act upon is accurate, relevant, timely and complete.
- Use only legitimate means to collect information.
- Make personal information available externally only to respond to legitimate business needs, to regulatory or other government authorities or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Limit employee access to those who need to and are trained in the proper handling of personal information.
Limits The Use, Disclosure And Retention Of Personal Information
Paragon will use or disclose personal information only for the reasons that it was collected, unless a customer gives consent to use or disclose it for another reason, or it is permitted by law. Under certain exceptional circumstances, Paragon may have a legal duty or right to disclose personal information without the customer's knowledge or consent to protect the interests of insurers or the public interest. Paragon will keep personal information only as long as necessary for the identified purposes for which it was collected.
Keeping Personal Information Accurate
Paragon will keep personal information as accurate, complete and current as necessary for the identified purposes for which it was collected. Customers may, in writing, challenge the accuracy and completeness of their personal information and request that it be amended as appropriate.
What Is Done With Information Collected
Information that has been collected about you and retained will be contained in either Paragon's policy records or in your agent's files. The information is reviewed to evaluate your request for insurance coverage and in determining your premium rates. We will also refer to and use information contained in our policy records for purposes related to issuing and servicing insurance policies and claims. Your agent may also use information about you in his/her agency files for insurance marketing purposes or to help you with your overall insurance program. If coverage is declined or the charge for coverage is increased because of information contained in a consumer report we obtained, we will tell you as required by applicable State law and the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. We will also give you the name and address of the consumer reporting agency issuing the report.
To Whom We Disclose Information
- Your agent or broker.
- Parties who perform a business, professional or insurance function for our MGA, including reinsurance companies.
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, investigators and attorneys who require the information to investigate, defend or settle a claim involving you.
- Businesses that assist us with data processing or marketing.
- Businesses that conduct scientific research, including actuarial or underwriting studies.
- Other insurance companies, agents or consumer reporting agencies as reasonably necessary in connection with any application, policy, or claim involving you.
- Insurance support organizations that are established to collect information for the purpose of detecting and/or preventing insurance crimes or fraudulent claims.
- Medical care institutions or medical professionals to verify coverage or conduct an audit of services.
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business.
- Law enforcement or other governmental authorities to protect our legal interest or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities.
- Authorized persons as ordered by a subpoena, warrant or other court order or as required by law.
- Certificate holders or policyholders for the purpose of providing information regarding the status of an insurance transaction.
- Lienholders, lessors or other persons or organizations shown in our records as having a legal interest or beneficial interest in your policy.
We do not provide information about you, such as your name and address, to persons or organizations that may wish to provide you with information about their non-insurance products or services.
Should you cease to be a policyholder under Paragon's management, or after your claim is settled, the policy will be archived with your information for a period required by law and/or regulation. At any time, you have the right to remove your personal information from our databases by contacting us in writing. If you want your authorized Agent to remove personal information from their systems or archives you should contact them as well to make that request.
Safeguards Client Information
Paragon protects personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Accessibility Of Personal Information
You have the right to know what kind of information the Paragon retains about you in our files and records. You have a right to receive a copy of personal information collected. Write to us if you have questions about information you would care to receive. Provide your complete name, address and policy number or policy type for which you applied.
Within thirty (30) business days of receipt of your request, you will be informed in writing of what personal information was collected, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed. You may review this information in person or receive a copy at a reasonable fee.
Committed To Addressing Client Complaints And Concerns
Questions or challenges to these policies and procedures can be directed to the designated privacy officer. Please direct your communication to:
Chief Operating Officer
Paragon Insurance Holdings, LLC.
45 Nod Rd
Avon, CT 06001