North American Timber Program
North American Timber Program has provided specialized property and liability solutions to logging contractors and consulting foresters for more than 35 years.
North American Timber Program has provided specialized property and liability solutions to logging contractors and consulting foresters for more than 35 years. Our underwriting, claims and loss control personnel have extensive experience and knowledge in the forest products industry. This unique focus allows us to customize policies and accommodate emerging contractual requirements from mills and timber management companies. Our agency partners are timber specialists and supporters of state forestry and logging associations.
- General liability: The NATP Loggers Broad Form is offered as an endorsement to our General Liability policy and includes limits of $1 million each occurrence and $2 million aggregate. Coverage includes:
We can include broadening endorsements, additional insured, pesticide and herbicide applicator, waiver of subrogation, and primary–noncontributory for flat charges.
- Fire suppression expenses
- Property damage to others' timberland
- Property damage while loading/unloading
- Timber trespass
- Property: We cover maintenance buildings and mechanical shops, office properties, storage and parts buildings, and log yards used to maintain trucks and equipment used by logging contractors.
- Inland marine and mobile equipment: We cover skidders, loaders, feller bunchers, processors, delimbers, yarders, chippers, dozers, graders and other specialized equipment used in the harvesting and processing of timber.
- Equipment breakdown: Optional coverage is available for loss due to mechanical or electrical breakdown of equipment.
- Crime: We cover fraud, employee dishonesty, forgery, and money and securities.
- Commercial automobile: For loggers and foresters we will cover:
- Log, chip and lumber trucks
- Pickup and service trucks
- Dump and gravel trucks owned by loggers or log-road builders
- Water and fuel trucks used for insured's own equipment
- Crew buses or vans
- Pollution coverage included to policy limit. (We do not write mono-automobile or log/chip haulers. We offer automobile only as a package to loggers and foresters.)
(We do not write mono-automobile or contract log and chip haulers. We offer Commercial Auto Liability and Physical Damage only as a package to loggers and foresters.)
- Cargo: We cover logs, chips and lumber. We will consider conditional back-hauled non-hazardous bulk commodities.
- Excess: We write over NATP general liability and commercial automobile policies with $1 million to $5 million additional limits. We offer excess liability over our Loggers Broad Form to accommodate the highest limits from timber-harvesting contracts.
Jean Pierre Fontenot
Program Director for "NORTH AMERICAN TIMBER PROGRAM"
Appetite & Availability
- Loggers and logging contractors, mechanized and timber fellers
- Forestry services, including consulting foresters, timber cruisers, forest surveyors and scalers
- Chipping operations
- Log and chip hauling when owned and operated by loggers and logging contractors
- Log road builders
- Reforestation contractors
- Timber dealers
- Log yards: sorting and export; truck, rail and marine
All states except Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New York, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Vermont and West Virginia.
- Completed ACORD application for each coverage part
- Completed program specific questionnaire
- Five-year currently valued company loss runs
- Drivers list and motor vehicle records
- Copy of each vehicle and equipment registration (VIN reporting requirements)
Send Complete Submissions to NATP@paragoninsgroup.com.